Tuesday, May 20, 2014

There's a place called Home.

My sister's favorite Disney movie (Beauty and the Beast) taught me that "home should be where the heart is," and I would agree with Belle when she said, "never were words so true."

Home can be anywhere in the world to a person. Not everyone considers their house their home- I don't. Home is that placed that puts you at ease, it calms you down and allows you to be at peace.

My home doesn't have a foundation. It has four doors, most of which are rusted and screech upon opening. Oddly, I wouldn't change it.

My home feels like the cool air brushing against my arm and messing up my hair. I feel my foot accelerating toward a Great Perhaps. I touch and hold on to a steering wheel, covered in splinters, due to overuse. I feel the heat warming up the car with sun light. Sweat starts to drip from my forehead, adding to the heat in the car.

I smell gasoline and pine air freshener.

I hear alternative and classic rock blasting through speakers past their prime, mixed with static and fuzz. Outside my home, the birds are chirping in the sky and zooms fill the air as other cars whiz by.

This is what my home is considered. In my car, I get to focus on the driving and listen to the music. I do not have a cell phone to keep me busy, I can have all my attention on the road.

It gives me time to reflect and think without the distraction of email, social media, etc. My car allows me to be calm and cool the whole ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment