Thursday, June 5, 2014

A farewell to Sneem

Early this morning, we boarded a bus and left Sneem. It seemed to be a hard move for everyone. We were just getting comfortable in the town and familiar with the people and suddenly, that was all gone.

When I first arrived in Sneem, one of the first things I did was explore the hotel. The bar had an outside patio and I could see through the glass doors that the view outside was magnificent. I went outside and snapped this picture:
Needless to say, I was completely blown away. The beauty in this town was boundless. Everywhere you walked, you came across a scene like this. After taking this picture, a few of us continued our exploration a little farther and ventured closer to the water. We ended up opposite the hotel on a stone structure that had a staircase leading to the water. There, I took this picture:
I was utterly mesmerized by this place. Everywhere I looked, it was like a picture. I never wanted to leave. In fact, I still want to go back even though I am already sitting in my hotel room in Tralee (which is also beautiful.)

So last night, I walked this path again, trying to take in the beauty one last time. And it was bittersweet. The wind danced around me one last time, at a much slower pace. The water crawled toward the shore, lagging with the wind. The sun rolled out from behind a few clouds, breathing life into my favorite spot. 

It's hard to say what attracted me the most to Sneem. As you can see, it is full of beautiful landscape, but it's full of so much more. The people in the town treat you like family. The food is nothing short of delicious, and the pubs were always welcoming to newcomers. In a sense, it felt like home. I was comfortable there.

I do not know if I will have the fortune of returning to Sneem one day, although I very much hope that I do. But, I will tell you this. If you ever get the chance to go to Ireland, pick Sneem as a destination. It may not be one of the tourist hot spots, but I promise you that it will be a piece of paradise that will stay with you forever. 

For now, I must say goodbye to the wonderful town and all the people who live there. And thank you for an amazing first impression of Ireland. 



*Reflection/Suggest an idea



No comments:

Post a Comment