Friday, June 6, 2014

The Dingle Peninsula.

Yesterday, I visited this beautiful, picturesque scene on the Dingle Peninsula. While venturing from Sneem was rough on us (some more than others), it was nice to be able to go check out an entire peninsula, stopping for some amazing photo ops, like above.

Part of our journey was to the part of the peninsula where you can see the Blasket Islands, which are so beautiful. When we got off the bus, everyone took out their cameras and phones to grab pictures but, after I few minutes, I had to take a seat and just absorb what I was looking at. Hills of green standing in the middle of the ocean, waves rushing to shore, bouncing off rocks, there was so much to take in. While I got some great shots, none of them captured the true beauty that is experiencing such sights with your own eyes. Which got me thinking, do we spend too much time looking through a lens or a phone? Should put down the camera and take out a pen and paper to capture experiences in a differnt, older, fashion?
Just food for thought. 





*ask a question




No comments:

Post a Comment