Wednesday, June 4, 2014

By the Sea

Yesterday, we got the opportunity to spend some time at Derrynane at a beach in the Ring of Kerry. Although the weather was not ideal (the sun was hiding and the wind was blowing), but the trip was lovely anyway. 

I kicked off my shoes and began exploring the land. As I began walking, the sand hugged my toes, seeming to hold onto my skin for dear life. The wind was howling while the waves crashed on the shore. As I continued my journey, the sand grows cold and the waves creep closer and closer. Both the water and the air were crisp, yet the scene was picturesque. 

I was more than happy, I was at ease. I don't have many experiences with quiet beaches. In fact, all the beaches I have been to are overly crowded with sunbathers and loud children. This was a pleasant change. It gave me the opportunity to just enjoy the sound of the ocean. I think the universal theme of my trip thus far has been to just step back. There is so much to take in and experience when you visit a foreign country and we find this exotic beauty and we think that it is because our towns and states have nothing to offer when the reality could be that we are too consumed with the buzz of our everyday lives we don't recognize the beauty that is right in front of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment