Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Grand Hotel in Tralee

While in Tralee, our group stayed at The Grand Hotel on Denny Street. I must tell you how amazing this hotel was.
The interior of the hotel is so beautiful. The lobby has a high end feel, adorned with leather chairs, a huge mirror seated on a wood carved counter. On the ceiling hangs a beautiful chandelier, all adding to the atmosphere. The staff is so pleasant and welcoming, always greeting you with a smile. 

The food was also amazing. For breakfast, you get a traditional breakfast of sausage, bacon, and eggs. There is also a bar with yogurt, cereal, fruits, nuts, and bread. Dinner was exceptional. I had salmon and trout the two nights we were there and both were nothing short of delicious. After dinner, we all headed out and enjoyed the town, and eventually retired for the night.

There is a hidden treasure at The Grand Hotel. If you get the chance to stay up as late as we were, you just might get to experience this gem. 

As I was laying in my bed, trying to write a blog, I heard something outside my door. It sounded as if there were people walking up and down my hall. Now, the weird thing about this was that the lights in the hallway are motion sensor, and they never turned on. I texted a girl from a different hall to see if she heard something: she did. We both got a little nervous. The walking wasn't going away any time soon so I tried to embrace it (easier said than done!) 

A few minutes passed and my friend texted me saying it sounded like something crashed in her hallway. I didn't hear that but I then heard a scraping sound outside my room for about 5 minutes. Once again, no lights turning on. A girl said she was coming up the hall to my room. A minute later there was a knock at my door. 

"Mariah?" I asked. No reply. I got louder.

"MARIAH?!" I screamed. Nothing. 

About another minute later, there was another knock. This time, the light outside turned on. There was motion. When I called out Mariah's name, she answered. 

"How long have you been out here?" I questioned, trying to logically explain the first knock.

"I just got here," she said.

My heart started pounding. Who was at my door the first time? Should I have answered?

Not much more happened that night, and we all fell into a deep slumber, only to be woken up by cell phone alarms buzzing, reminding us to get out of bed.

While some people might be uneasy about things that go bump in the night, it didn't take away from my stay at The Grand, it added so much to it. I enjoyed every part of the hotel so much that having an unexplained encounter, it just makes me want to go back for more. 

To anyone traveling to Tralee, I highly recommend The Grand Hotel. You will have such an amazing stay and you might even get a little more than expected!







*Review

No comments:

Post a Comment