Friday, June 13, 2014

A piece of home in Dublin.

Before I left home, a lot of people told me that going to Ireland was like being in Northeast PA, the scenery was similar with the mountains and whatnot.

When I got here, I saw the similarities, but I was astounded by the beauty of the entire country. And, as you know, I spent the first half of my trip in rural areas, like Sneem, and then going to various tourist spots like the Cliff of Moher.

Our last stop was Dublin, which was ambitious. We had three days in the city, which seems like enough time, but it proved not to be. I was sitting in the airport, wishing I had another day just to explore.

The amazing thing about Dublin was just how much it reminded me of a piece of home, that piece being Philadelphia. The hustle, bustle, and artwork just made me think of the city of brotherly love. It was awesome.

We visited some iconic places, like St. Patrick's and the Guinness museum, but my favorite part was just taking time to ourselves and seeing all the little treasures. Dublin has so much to offer through it's culture and if you have the chance, take the time to experience it.




No comments:

Post a Comment